- Start: 2021-02-01
- End: 2022-09-19
- Location: Kraków, Poland
- Company: Grand Parade part of William Hill
- Team: Infrastructure & Cloud Tooling Team
- Position: Cloud Engineer
I took the internal opportunity to transfer to a business area more focused on cloud (both private on-prem one and AWS) and pure systems’ administration to advance my career. The areas of work in Tooling Team included:
- shared services used in on-prem cloud including orchestration (Puppet and Mesos masters), key-value storage, network and firewall controlling APIs, as well as internal tools for developers; systems were deployed from IaaC - Puppet
- decommission of aforementioned on-prem cloud - sunsetting, coordination with users etc.
- Docker Registry and artefact storage (mixture of on-prem solution with public cloud, later migrated to cloud-native cluster)
- company Git server infrastructure, configuration and support (first on-prem, later migrated to SaaS)
- company-wide code patterns for both IaaC with Terraform and CI/CD pipelines
It is important to mention that AWS networking and account governance is handled by a separate central team, therefore my experience gained here is focused mostly on compute and storage related services.
Go back to list